Foster Leadership and Management Practices
We believe that everyone is a leader in their own area. Leadership grounded in strong values builds the capacity of staff and faculty to contribute and flourish in the university community. We seek to engage and encourage leadership at all levels in the university.
What have we accomplished?
- Created the Managing at UBC program, which is designed to support new managers during their first year at the university, recognizing their responsibilities in fostering a positive and sustainable workplace environment for employees in their units.
- Support our staff involved in the Academic Leadership Development Program (ALDP), the Community Leadership Program (CLP) and Leave for Change Program (2008-2015).
- Enhanced the Academic Leadership Development Program to fully address the university’s strategic plan, Place & Promise, as well as our academic priorities and associated budget framework.
- Built a five-year business plan for UBC Coaching Services.
What are we doing?
- Focusing on developing the capacity of faculty and staff to navigate the human side of change.
- Piloting workforce planning to help leaders make more informed decisions about their future needs.