Identify and Share Institution-Wide Goals
Establishing a sense of community comes from personal interactions with others at the university. We are all working toward the university’s common goals and vision of “creating an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the people of British Columbia, Canada and the world.”
What have we accomplished?
- Provided more opportunities for storytelling through web, annual reports and in person.
- Established the Communications & Marketing unit to focus on brand and communications.
- Developed the Internal communications strategy.
- Launched Open Minds.
- Held the Workplace Experiences Survey every three years. Shared the results with the University community and implemented actions to respond to the voices of faculty and staff.
What are we doing?
- Continuing to hold Workplace Experiences Survey to inform workplace priorities.
- Supporting community events such as Hot Lunch, Sports Day, and the Welcome Back BBQ.
- Implementing the internal communications strategy.
- Continue to align communications across UBC.