Being a part of the UBC community means being a part of an organization that values dedication, belonging and purpose. We strive to provide our faculty and staff with the chance to experience growth opportunities, both personally and professionally.
We believe that the keys to retention are to recognize achievement and initiative; to support faculty and staff as they strive to grow and develop, as part of our culture of life-long learning; and to help faculty and staff achieve a balance of work responsibilities and personal responsibilities.
What have we accomplished?
- Expanded the number of spaces at UBC Vancouver Child Care Services to meet the needs of faculty, staff and students.
- Expanded the University’s recognition opportunities for staff.
- Launched a new careers website with new career categories that help staff identify career opportunities.
- Expanded our career coaching for those individuals wanting to think about their career.
- Support networking opportunities such as Hot Lunch and Sports Day.
- Developed the Housing Action Plan.
What are we doing?
- Piloting a mentoring program for faculty at the Okanagan campus
- Developing the ability of faculty and staff to hold performance conversations.
- Implementing a pilot for a performance development process for faculty.
- Implementing the Housing Action Plan
- Implementing a comprehensive orientations and onboarding program across UBC