UBC is recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers in 2022. This award recognizes the British Columbian employers that lead as exceptional places to work – and who offer employees the most progressive and forward-thinking programs.
Here are three reasons why UBC was selected as one of BC’s Top Employers this year:
- UBC organizes an annual Thrive campaign to encourage mental wellbeing through dialogue, awareness, healthy choices, social support and normalizing mental health challenges — and offers generous coverage for mental health practitioners as part of its benefits plan (now up to $3,000 annually).
- UBC supports employees through various stages of life, from maternity leave top-up payments for mothers-to-be, to flexible work options to help balance personal and family commitments, to phased-in retirement work options for those in the later stages of their career.
- UBC offers a variety of professional development opportunities, including the UBC Hot Lunch initiative (monthly lunches with a senior leader who shares their personal and professional experience) and a digital speaker series featuring a number of distinguished guests.
Read more about BC’s Top Employers awards at https://www.canadastop100.com/bc
- Looking to join UBC? View our careers and job postings.
- Visit Focus on People 2025 to learn how we’re striving to make UBC a first-choice place to learn and work.
- Visit UBC Today for the latest news, events, and useful dates from across UBC, curated for faculty and staff by Internal Communications